The Village House - Kuching, Sarawak Borneo
The Village House by Singgahsana is located at Santubong Village, 31 kilometers from Kuching, the capital city of the Malaysian state of Sarawak, the perfect gateway to the island of Borneo.
Santubong Village boasts of a rich cultural and historical legacy; from 9th to 13th centuries, during the Tang and Sung dynasties, Santubong was one of the premium trading centers in the region and was the first capital of Sarawak.
The village boasts of beautiful untouched beaches and numerous archeological sites.
Borneo ~ Sarawak ~ Kuching ~ Santubong ~ Boutique Resort
The 10 Rooms and 2 Suites at The Village House typify vernacular architecture with its common lounge area below, wooden staircases and landing benches as well as full height windows with wooden balustrades. Solid timber bed frames and four-poster beds with mosquito nets and crisp white linen sheets, luxurious duvets and pillows comfortably cooled by air-conditioners and ceiling fans ensure peaceful slumber. All ensuite bathrooms feature hot and cold rain showers with amenities and plush bath towels. Original artworks by renowned local artist Ramsay Ong and hand woven ‘Ikat’ textiles adorn some of the walls. His and hers ‘Sarongs’ provided in the rooms encourages guests to immerse themselves into the local village lifestyle.
Guests in the 2 Rajah Rooms will also enjoy a private balcony, a 42-inch LCD Television with Cable TV and DVD Player as well as fresh brewed coffee from the Nespresso Machine.
The unique House Rooms caters to the independent traveller willing to share a space with other fellow travellers in a dormitory style room. Featuring sturdy bunk bed frames, each bed fitted with identical beddings and amenities as private rooms and suites, guests occupying the House Beds will feel equally pampered with newfound friends.
No Kids Policy – The Village House does not accept children under 12 years of age.
Facilities & Activities
Full Food & Beverage service, Reading library at The Wallace Den, Board games at The Wallace Den, Cable TV & DVDs at The Wallace Den, 15′ Swimming Pool, Poolside Reclining Chairs, Hammocks, Kaki Tangga Dining Lounge, The Flying Frog Bar, Cempaka Terrace, Lallang Deck Formal Dining Hall, Garden Gazebo Chill Out Area, Farmhouse Gazebo Chill Out Area, Tropical Garden with Footpaths, Kuching-Village House-Kuching scheduled shuttle service, Village House – Sarawak Cultural Village/Damai – Village House shuttles, Tours and Excursions
The Village House Room Rates - Valid till 31st March 2017 (Rates based on per room per night)
- Check-in from 1 pm and Check Out by 11 am
- Child Policy: For safety reasons we are unable to accommodate children under 12
- Room/Bed rates are inclusive of breakfast
- Cancellation Policy – Prepayments are non-refundable. All prepayment will be forfeited as cancellation fee. The Company must be notified by email of any cancellation of reservation. However, at the sole discretion of Company, refunds may be given due to extenuating circumstances.
- Non-halal food and beverage. Option to dine at neighbouring eateries can be arranged
- Non smoking Accommodation
- Advance booking is advised
- Transport – We are pleased to arrange for someone to pick you up at the airport. You can book this in advance.
- Location coordinates – 1°43’342”N 110°18’951”E. There is no signage outside
Cancellation/No Shows/Early Departures
If the required notice for the booking (or any part of the booking) is made 60 days or more from the scheduled date of arrival, the value of the entire booking (or part thereof) less administrative fee of RM30.00 per booking shall be refunded.
If the required notice for the booking (or any part of the booking) is made between 59 to 30 days from the scheduled date of arrival, the value of the entire booking (or part thereof) less cancellation fee of 25% shall be refunded.
If the booking (or any part of the booking) fails to arrive as scheduled or no show, the Property will charge cancellation or no-show fee equivalent to the full contracted rate for the whole period of stay for each room unutilised
• 56 days or more prior to departure, operator will retain 20% of the total booking costs;
• between 30 and 55 days prior to departure, operator will retain 50% of the total booking cost;
• less than 30 days prior to departure, operator will retain 100% of the total booking cost. You are strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance at the time of booking which will cover cancellation fees. If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
Operator may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or alternatively receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or nonrefundable flights.
Check-in time shall be from 1:00 p.m. (local Malaysian time) and check-out time shall be at or before 11 a.m. (local Malaysian time) on the relevant day. Any request for early check-in, or late check-out, will be at the Property’s sole and absolute discretion, which shall be based on, inter alia, the Property’s room availability on the relevant day.
For late check-outs agreed by the Property, the Property shall charge 50% of the contracted room
rate for check-out between 2 p.m. (local Malaysian time) to 6:00 p.m. (local Malaysian time), and the
full contracted room rate for check-out after 6:00 p.m. (local Malaysian time). This clause shall not, in
any case, apply to the first day/night of use of the relevant room, for which the full contracted room
rate shall be payable. Amount incurred for late check-out arrangements shall be payable directly to