Anggun Boutique Hotel - Kuala Lumpur
This is one of KL's most characterful design hotel with 18 rooms, perfect for leisure and business travellers. Converted from two 1920's shophouses, most of the rooms look out onto a peaceful inner courtyard so you feel like you’re living in colonial Malaysia while staying here. The decor is 1960's, with lots of recycle wood, antique tiles but modern amenities for the travellers including an in-room free broadband access/flat screen TV with satellite channel.
It is located in the vibrant old restored shophouse street which is fast gaining reputation as a bustling food street – Tengkat Tong Shin, where trendiness has set in but the old world charm is retained.
In the early 1900s, a young Chinese sojourner Chung Khin Seong (1888 – 1957) from Tam Tong, Guangdong, came to Malaya to seek his fortune. His story was typical of the many immigrants who had come mainly from Fujian and Guangdong, two southern provinces in China: they came as sojourners, working as traders or miners, hoping one day to return home. Many did not return and they were later to be joined by their spouses and family members from China. Today the majority of the Chinese population, descendants of the early immigrants, are concentrated in the urban areas on the west coast of Peninsula Malaysia.
In the mid-1930s, after having made their fortune, the Chung clan bought over two 1920s colonial houses, numbers 7 and 9, which now make up the present Anggun Boutique Hotel. Here was where the family members gathered each year to celebrate Chinese New Year. House number 9 still holds fond memories for the descendants as it had been the nucleus of the extended family of the clan until it was sold off in 1974.
Kuala Lumpur ~ Boutique Hotel
18 guestrooms and suites
Private en-suite bathroom with natural amenities, Satellite television, Telephone, 37 inches LCD and Blu-ray player are available only in higher room categories only (**), Natural rubber mattress and pillows that give a comfortable back support besides being a non-toxin, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and odours efficient material for a total relaxation sleeping experience that is not found in traditional spring bed mattresses
Facilities & Activities
Intelligent Eco-friendly, Ozone Friendly Refrigerant R410A and Energy Efficient Inventor Technology Air-Conditioning system which is the quietest system in the market with the following features: intelligent high tech sensor detect floor temperature to prevent over chilling and ensure maximum comfort in room, Mold Fighter mechanism which produces the effect of sterilization and deodorizing, Plasma Deodorization and Air Purification where bad odor, bacteria, pollen, mold spores and formaldehyde are removed for clean and healthy room air environment, Anti Allergy Enzyme Filteration where it will remove harmful microbes such as bacteria, virus, dust mites, pollen etc. Disable and Senior Citizen friendly rooms available with advance booking with details of requirement can be arranged. For Honeymooners, rose petals on beds with champagne, flower and cakes can be arranged at special rates. For business travelers, faxing, secretarial services, Photostatting, video camcorder, speaker, headset or special services can be arranged at special rates. For families, interconnecting rooms, baby cots, strollers and special services can be arranged with advance notice at special rates. Full travel services can be arranged for special travel needs such as medical check-up, appointments, transportations and any other tours services . Airport transportation service . Laundry service
Alam Wellness Spa is an oasis of healing massage where treatments are done in a beautiful kampung rooftop setting located in Bukit Bintang, KL.
- CCTV System & Security Guard
- Personalised concierge 24 hours
- Airport transportation, tours and private car with driver
- Laundry, dry cleaning and pressing service
- Mail and postal service
- Luggage room
- Central elevator serves all four floors of the hotel
- Business traveller facilities: faxing, photocopy, printing
- Family facilities: interconnecting rooms, baby cot, babysitting service (advance notice required)
- Honeymoon or special occasion arrangements
- Disabled & senior citizen-friendly rooms with complimentary use of “Aluminium Dual Rollator Transport Chair”
- Reggae World Cafe and Bar, the hotel’s balcony terrace bar, cafe and restaurant
- Semi – alfresco event space for up to 75 persons with screen, projector, etc. Conducive for small to medium size parties, bbq parties, birthday and anniversary celebrations, weddings, corporate gatherings, association meetings and gatherings, , romantic dinner packages, art gallery, charity programmes, product launches or club gatherings for those who enjoy holding them in a alfresco garden terrace setting
- Entire hotel available for private rental
- Credit cards accepted on arrival – VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, JCB and China UnionPay
* all are subject to changes with or without notice.
Jalan Tengkat Tong Shin. Road parallel to Jalan Bukit Bintang in town centre