5 Days 4 Nights Bario- Ba Kelalan Trip ~ Sarawak Borneo
For the rest of us, flying is the best option. The 16 seater twin otter planes are fantastic! On normal days, when passengers are few, the plane will be laden with goods such as cooking oil, some electronic goods sent by family members living down in Miri, rice, tinned foods, home appliances, sacks of sugar and lots more.
Borneo ~ Sarawak ~ Miri ~ Kelabit Highlands ~ Bario ~ Ba Kelalan
All Homestays in Bario are basic
fan cooled but usually not necessary as it is normally quite chilly at night; shared bathrooms ; cold water showers ; no electricity ~ either running on generators or candle lit ; thin blankets provided so bring own extra blankets or sleeping bags ; bring own toiletries
Facilities & Activities
Bario trips are back to basic trips , so take it as an adventure back in time where walking was the only means of getting anywhere (although there are 4WDs to ferry people around nowadays) , no electricity to light homes and streets - just stars and water comes straight from the river or natural underground sources or surrounding mountains. Be aware that you will probably not be able to use your mobile phone at certain areas in the highlands
5 Days 4 Nights Bario- Ba Kelalan Trip
- Land transfer, tours/local meals as stated, 1night lodge, 2nights homestay, 1night jungle camp & ESG only
Package does not Include:
* Travel insurance * guide and driver tipping * Domestic and international flight fair * fizzy and any alcoholic drinks
* General Terms & Conditions Apply.
1. All rates are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) unless otherwise specified.
2. All rates are inclusive of 6% GST and quoted based on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated.
3. All rates and transfers are quoted based on sit-in-coach transfers or tours
* Sequence of itinerary subject to change due to weather condition or flight arrival time.
* Bario rice Harvesting season is in January to mid February, Clearing in April to May while planting season in is August
Items to bring :
Personal toiletries, first aid kit, hat/cap, torch light, umbrella or poncho/ rain coat , insect repellent, trekking shoes and wet sandals, blanket or sleeping bag, towel, & own drinking water, light sweater
Meet & greet at Bario airport (Bario - Kelabit settlements) and check-in lodge. After lunch, walking tour visit to: Bario Asal village, Ulung Palang village, Bario Secondary School, Bario Museum and short stop at the Pasir Puteh village to view the remains one of the aircraft used during the WWII. Overnight lodge. (L/D)
Early breakfast, head to Pa'Ukat village and continue on 4-5hrs trekking to Pa'Lungan village. Later, visit one of the cultural site in Pa'Lungan – Batuh Ritong or the Ritong megalith. Overnight homestay. (B/L/D)
Start with early breakfast, as today's journey will takes approximately 6hrs involving strenuous jungle trekking and few river crossing heading to a jungle shelter at Long Repun. This shelter located just next to the Sarawak & Kalimantan border. Overnight jungle shelter. (B/L/D)
Another full day jungle trek to Ba'Kelalan (Lun Bawang settlement). On the way we will cross over the Malaysia/Indonesia boundary & a Kalimantan village called Pa'Rupai (Lun Dayeh settlement). We should reach Ba'Kelalan village late afternoon and check-in homestay. Rest and evening enjoy leisure walk to few of the villages in the valley. Overnight homestay. (B/L/D)
After breakfast, bid farewell to our host family before heading to the airport for flight back to Miri. (B)
Terms & Conditions
CANCELLATIONS, PARTIAL CANCELLATIONS, “NO SHOW” AND AMENDMENTS CHARGES
- Services providers such as hotels, carriers, restaurant contractors or any other companies related to the services provided may charge cancellations, amendments and/or no show fees. travel operator cannot be held responsible for charges incurred due to unforeseen circumstances.
In the event of a confirmed booking being cancelled, cancellation charges will be levied. Cancellation charges - Days before Arrival Date
a. Less than 45 business days 10% of total invoice
b. Less than 30 business days 25% of total invoice
c. Less than 15 business day 100% of total invoice
In the event a client is a “No Show”, no refund in full or in part will be given for services in the program not utilised.
- After start of tour, no refund, in full or in part will be given for any services not utilized.
Unless otherwise specified in the tariff, a child under the age of 12 years occupying the same room as his/her parents using existing bedding is usually accommodated free of charge, except where a child supplement is stated.
In the case of tours and excursions, child rate is 75% of adult rates for tours inclusive of meals and accommodation. The child rate is based on the sharing of a twin room with 2 adults. An extra bed will be provided for the child in this twin room.
For transfers and day tours (without meals) child rate will be 50% of adult rates. An infant is defined as an individual up to 2 years old. A child is defined as an individual above the 2 years old and below 12 years old.