2 Days 1 Night Mount Kinabalu Climb Package ~ Kinabalu Park, Sabah Borneo
This trip takes you on a fast track up and down this majestic mountain. Recommended for those on a budget and those who feel that a mountain should be conquered and not admired.
Borneo ~ Sabah ~ Kota Kinabalu ~ Kinabalu Park ~ Mount Kinabalu
Minimum no. of Persons
Place of Departure
Daily (Booking in advance required)
2 Days 1 Night
Pick up Point
Your Hotel in Kota Kinabalu City
Pick up Time
06:00 Hrs - 07:00 Hrs
Drop off Point
Your Hotel in Kota Kinabalu City
Drop off Time
Afternoon / Evening
* All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
Things To Bring Along
- gloves ( I bought 2 sets : a pair of fingerless gloves so that I can click away on my camera and a set of pvc gloves to keep my hands warm and also protected when climbing the rockface
- wind cheater; anorak; balaclava, raincoat poncho (preferably)
- torchlight ( I had a hand held one which was not as effective as the headlamp- the latter free your hands to climb); cameras - manual (in case if the weather jams up the digital mechanisms), shower proof(I was determined to take that one shot and even the rain cannot stop me!!), digital, videocam (as close as you can get to being there - the video shots turned out pretty ok)
- extra pair of socks; water; sunglasses; sun block (can get quite sunburnt at the top) ; mobilephone (there's signal at the top for 019 and 013 users, but sometimes when it's cold, the phone may not work..)
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoes with good grip
- Warm clothing/Long sleeves shirt/Hiking pants,
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Personal toiletries, Small towel, Refillable water bottle (0.5 - 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- re hydration salts, altitude sickness medication
- money to buy anything else you've left behind or forgotten to bring and perhaps to tip the guide after the trip
- Do take note that your passport will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Please bring it along with you.
Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR 12 per piece prior climb.
2 Days 1 Night Climb Tour Rates Via Timpohon Trail ~ valid until 31st December 2016 (Rates based on per person per package)
Note(s): Please be advised that there are an exhaustive list of other agents selling mount kinabalu climb packages at different prices. Do shop around for the most suitable package for you.
Please Note :
- All rates are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) and are inclusive of 6% Goods & Service Tax (GST).
- This tour is available for climbers 10 years old and above.
- This tour package brings you to Low’s Peak Summit (4095.2M).
Tour Package Includes:
01 Breakfast, 02 Lunches, 01 Dinner & 01 Supper, 01 Night's Accommodation at Panalaban Assorted Huts (Non-Heated Dormitory Bunk-bed with sharing bathroom & toilet), Entrance Fee, Return Hotel Transfer (Seat-In-Coach), Return Transfer (Park HQ - Timpohon Gate - Park HQ), Mountain Guide, Climbing Insurance, Climbing Permit and Certificate and English Speaking Support Team
Rates Exclude :
Airfares, Optional Tipping & Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned
Note on Meals Arrangement:
1) Lunch will be converted to packed lunch on Day 02 (Mt Kinabalu Descent) for climbers who arrived late and misses the lunch timing.
Balsam Restaurant ~ Lunch Time: 12:00 - 16:00hr
Ensure that you are PHYSICALLY FIT for this climb ·
You are required to strictly FOLLOW the itinerary since: * Unscheduled transfers and services are CHARGABLE * Unconsumed meals are NON-TRANSFERABLE and NON-REFUNDABLE All the accommodation facilities at Kinabalu Park belong to Sabah Parks, a state government agency. Our Mountain climbing tours involve the use of these facilities/properties. In the event that these facilities are NOT available for the public to use, we will offer clients appropriate alternative facilities/properties without prior notice
- The guide will meet you at your hotel lobby / greet you at the Airport arrival hall with a placard bearing your good name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating the guide, you can call the hotline number/s stated in your itinerary for further assistance. (this will be provided once coonfirmation and payment has been made)
- We do not recommend climbers to catch your flight on the same day you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- For 1 Day Packages, the transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 05:30hrs - 06:00hrs. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 2 Days / 1 Night packages, the transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 06:30hrs - 07:00hrs. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 2 Days / 1 Night packages with ferrata, the transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 06:00hrs - 06:45hrs. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 3 Days / 2 Nights packages and beyond, the transport can pick you up from either Airport OR your Hotel. Time is dependent on your arrival flight schedule. Please provide us your flight details.
- Add MYR 30 nett per person per way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (e.g. Beringgis Beach Resort/Langkah Syabas Beach Resort / Papar / Kinarut Area).
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pickup time set by Amazing Borneo Tours with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city latest by 1800hrs. We will ensure your possible wait of not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, we can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (Subject to availability). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private Transfer Surcharge:- MYR 250/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
Kota Kinabalu/ Kinabalu Park HQ/ Timpohon Gate/ Ascend Mount Kinabalu/ Panalaban Base Camp
0600hrs - 0700hrs: Pick-up from your hotel lobby and depart on a 2 hrs journey to Kinabalu Park Headquarter. Collect your packed lunch.
0900hrs: The guide will arrange for all necessary registrations, assign you a mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG.
Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.
You'll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins!
The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours.
The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetations.
Arrive Panalaban Base Camp @ 3272m and check into your accommodation.
Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant and overnight.
Lunch / Dinner Panalaban Assorted Huts
Low's Peak/ Descend Mount Kinabalu/ Kota Kinabalu
0200hrs: Wake up for early supper and depart for continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
The journey up to the Low's peak @ 4,095m will test your fitness and determination. Depending on speed of trekking, you might be able to experience the glorious sunrise over the majestic Mt. Kinabalu if weather permits.
0700hrs: Descend back to Panalaban Base Camp for late breakfast and check out.
Trek down to Timpohon Gate for transfer back to the Kinabalu Park Headquarter (est. arrival 1300hrs to 1500hrs).
Congratulations, you can now collect your Certificate of Achievement!
Buffet Lunch will be served at the Balsam restaurant in Kinabalu Park.
Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu City. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs.
Supper / Breakfast / Lunch