5 Days 4 Nights Sandakan Safari Adventure ~ Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge, Sabah
(Selingan Turtle Island, Sepilok Orangutan and Malayan SunBear Rehabilitation Centre & Sukau)
Borneo ~ Sabah ~ Sandakan ~ Selingan Turtle Island ~ Sepilok ~ Abai Jungle & Kinabatangan River ~ Wildlife & Conservation
Minimum no. of Persons
Place of Departure
Sandakan city or Sandakan airport
4 Days 3 Nights
25 Air-Conditioned Room with ceiling fan.
- CHALET A – 5 Twin Bed & 1 Double Bed (attached bathroom)
- CHALET B – 6 Twin Bed & 1 Double Bed (attached bathroom)
- CHALET C – 5 Twin Bed & 1 Double Bed. (attached bathroom)
- CHALET D – 6 Twin Bed Room (attached bathroom)
- All rooms with mini refrigerator and windows fully covered with mosquito net.
- 24 hours electricity, 220/240V,50 cycles.
- Observing marine turtle conservation program at night.
- Souvenir shop.
- Exhibition Hall
Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge
- 33 Rooms. 15 Twin Rooms, 6 Triple Rooms, 8 Double Bedrooms, 4 Family Rooms.
- All rooms with attached bathroom, toilet, hot shower, ceiling fan and netted windows.
- All rooms with smoke detector and emergency action plan
- Uses Reserve Osmosis Water Purifier System.
- Use Kimberly-Clark Biodegradable and Environmentally friendly shampoo, soap and papers.
- River Cruise along Kinabatangan River.
- Video Show
- Guided Nature Trail behind the lodge.
- Restaurant – Served Halal Food
MH 2042 OR AK6492
Recommended Personal Gear
Torch, swim wear, insect repellent, raincoat (umbrella not recommended), hat, binocular and sun screen(sweat proof). Use good walking shoes and comfortable cotton T-shirt with long or short pant.
1. Please take note that Sabah Parks allow only camera of unaided flash to take photograph of turtles. Video/Digital Video Camera are not allowed.
2. Sabah Parks also forbid visitor from going around the island on their own from 6:00pm – 6:00am.
Sandakan Safari Adventure
Package is Inclusive of:
* English speaking guide * land/boat transfers based on joining basis * entrance fees and meals as stated.
Package is Exclusive of:
* Camera / Video camera fees * beverages(alcoholic/juice/carbonate) *airfares/taxes/insurance.
- Package rate applies to a minimum of 2 full paying persons travelling & based on Seat-In-Coach Basis
- For Single Traveller, it is possible to go on the trip on 2 persons rate, if there are other guests travelling together (reminder that this trip is based on Sit-In-Coach basis). However, there will be an additional charge for single supplement for accommodation (ie single room)
- Single supplement charge is RM160 per person per night at Sukau/Abai/ Selingan accommodation
- Child below 12yrs old, is discounted 20% based on 2 full paying adults
- Additional RM100 nett per person for unscheduled transfer
- 100% charge for request of a Private Tour/Transport
- English speaking driver /guide provided
- Rates are subject to changes in Sepilok/Selingan Entrance Fees and accommodation at Selingan Island
- The Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary permit/entrance fees are not included in the rates (fee charges to be advised)
- Confirmation date to 30 days before arrival - 30% of the trip’s full price forfeited
- 29 days to 15 days before arrival - 50% of the trip’s full price forfeited
- 14 days to 08 days before arrival - 75% of the trip’s full price forfeited
- 07 days before arrival or NO SHOW of customer - 100% of the trip’s full price forfeited
- Due to limited rooms at Selingan Island, once booking is confirmed, it is under guaranteed basis and no changes will be allowed. Should there be any amendment of dates or cancellation of booking it is subject to cancellation charges of RM400 per room per night
JULY & AUGUST booking cancellations:
- 25% charge for cancellations made within 60 days prior to arrival date
- 50% charge for cancellations made 29 days to 15 days prior to arrival date
- 100% charge for cancellations made within 14 days prior to arrival date
2 adults + 1 child sharing room with parents
- 2 - 4yrs old ~ 50% off the 2 person rate
- 5 - 11 yrs old ~ 20% off the 2 person rate
1 adult + 1 child
- child will be charged at 2 person rate
- Child below 2yrs old ~ free of charge (without meals/mattress/entrance fee/permit)
PICK UP TIME/POINT (VENUE)
|From||To Sepilok||To Selingan||To Abai/ Sukau|
|Sepilok area||0900 - 0910||0915 - 0925||1115 - 1130|
|Hotel at Sandakan town area||0800 - 0810||0945 - 0955||1130 - 1145
Day 1 – TRANSFER IN MY NATURE RESORT
Suggest take flight MH2710 (ETA 13:15hrs), AK6494 (ETA 14:05hrs), MH3095 (ETA 15:50hrs) AK5194 (ETA 14:50hrs), MH2046 (ETA 16:55hrs).
Be ready before 18:00hrs at “The Flying Squirrel” Platform to witness these amazing creatures in action.
MY Nature Resort
A boardwalk is built with approx. 1,500 ft. long, going up and down structure for you to explore before dark, The Guided night walk will be conducted by our in-house guide as an optional Tour before or after dinner depends on weather condition.
We do provide shuttle van for you to Sepilok that about 2km from resort or Rainforest Discovery Centre that about half km from resort, However your visit to Sepilok and Sun Bear is include on Day 3.
To Centre: 09:00hrs & 14:00hrs, From Centre:11:00hrs & 16:00hrs
Please bring along your swimming suit if you wish to swim at our swimming pool that special design facing the rainforest.
Day 2 – SELINGAN TURTLE ISLANDS PARK
09:30hrs Pick up MY Nature Resort proceed to Jetty for boat depart to Selingan Island.
10:15hrs Boat schedule depart to Selingan island, check in chalet with attached bathroom.
12:30hrs Lunch provided at Selingan Cafeteria, free at leisure until dinner time at 19:30hrs.
Before go for dinner, make sure all your important/valuable things with you and do not leave it in your room. After dinner, do not go back to your room because at any time, the rangers will call to observe turtle laying eggs. Transfer the eggs to the hatchery and if there is any young turtle hatching, an opportunity to observe the release of the baby turtles to the sea.
The Selingan Island chalet is about 500m away from the beach. There is NO PORTER at the island. Therefore, you have to carry your own luggage from the boat to your chalet. We highly advise you to re-pack your clothing for your duration stay in order to have a more comfortable stay at Selingan Island.” We do have luggage room available at our jetty.
Day 3 – SEPILOK/SUN BEAR CONSERVATION CENTRE/BOAT TO ABAI /SUKAU
07:00hrs Boat depart Selingan back to Sandakan
08:00hrs Proceed to Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre
09:30-09:50hrs Sepilok Outdoor nursery 10:00hrs Feeding time
10:30hrs Sun Bear Conservation Centre
11:15hrs depart to Sim Sim Jetty for Schedule boat depart at 12:00 to Abai Jungle Lodge.
13:15hrs Lunch at Abai Jungle Restaurant
14:30hrs By boat cruising up stream to Sukau
16:00hrs Check in Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge .
16:30hrs River cruise to Menanggul River.
19:30hrs Dinner serve at Restaurant “Orang Utan Corner”
Day 4 – OXBOW LAKE / PM RIVER CRUISE / SUKAU
06:30hrs River cruise to oxbow lake
10:00 or 13:00hrs Optional Visit to Gomantong Cave or Trekking behind lodge.
12:30hrs Lunch at Sukau Villager’s house OR at Sukau Lodge.
16:30hrs another river cruise.
20:30hrs Video show, overnight Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge.
(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 5 – BY BOAT SANDAKAN/TRANSFER AIRPORT/HOTEL
07:00hrs Depart by boat to Abai/Sandakan
08:30hrs Toilet stop at Abai Jungle Restaurant, enjoy a cup of coffee!
09:00hrs Schedule boat depart from Abai to Sandakan.
10:30hrs Arrive jetty, early lunch before to airport for flight suggest depart after 13:00hrs