5 Days 4 Nights Kuching City & Iban Longhouse Back to Nature Package ~ Sarawak Borneo
Another en route for a brief lunch break at ‘Lachau’ – small popular ‘cowboy’ town for Indonesian natives from the nearby Kalimantan border town to do barter trade without proper document. You could do your last minutes shopping for the visiting gift to present to your Iban host. The car ride will end at a river bank where a further native longboat ride will take you upstream
Borneo ~ Sarawak ~ Kuching ~ City
Minimum no. of Persons
Place of Departure
Daily (booking in advance is required)
5 Days 4 Nights Kuching City & Iban Longhouse Back to Nature Package Rates ~ Valid till 31st December 2017
(rates based on per person per package)
for Malaysians, Indonesians, Bruneians & Singaporeans only
Package above is inclusive of :
- 02 nights accommodation at City Hotel as your choice.
- 01 night accommodation at Iban Longhouse’s Guesthouse.
- 01 night accommodation at Hilton International Batang Ai Longhouse Resort.
- 04 Breakfast, 03 Lunches & 02 Dinner.
- Guided Kuching City & Shopping Tour, Traditional Iban Longhouse Safari and Sarawak Pottery Factory. (All guided tours are included of entrance fee)
- Airport – Hotel – Guesthouse – Resort – Hotel – Airport return transfers.
- Experienced English / Mandarin / B.M. speaking guide. (On request)
- 6% GST
Package above excludes:
- Airfare & Airport Taxes.
- Tipping for guide/driver @ min. (RM 5 per pax per day.)
- Optional Tour.
- Travel Insurance & Personal MISC Expenses.
I B A N G U E S T H O U S E F A C I L I T I E S:
* Accommodation is based on a very BASIC CONCEPT and dormitories style with basic facilities only. (without air-conditioner / fan) but you get to experience living with the locals
Items to bring :
* Flat shoes with good gripping soles, light cotton clothing, torch light, insect repellent, raincoat, towel, swim wear, own drinking bottle . Advisable to pack a light overnight bag for stay in longhouses, national parks, jungle, beaches and caves.
Child Rate (3-11 yrs):
Children under 12 years old ( Share ½ Twin ) will be charged 90% of the adult rate
Children under 12 years old ( With extra bed ) will be charged 75% of the adult rate
Children under 12 years old ( Without bed ) will be charged 60% of the adult rate
- Cat Museum Close for Public Holiday
- Strictly for Malaysian, Indonesian, Brunei & Singaporean only.
- Sequence of the tour is subject to change.
- Surcharges subject to change without prior notice.
- S.O.T. = Suggest Optional Tour is chargeable accordingly to the tour tariff).
- Peak season surcharge during: New Year 1st January
- Labour Day 1st May
- Hari Raya Puasa 1st. and 2nd Day
- Gawai Dayak 1st. and 2nd June
- Christmas 25th December
- = RM53per person per day.
- Peak season surcharge during Chinese New Year
= RM80 per person per day. (28th -30th Jan 2017)
Hotel’s peak season surcharge apply to
- 3* Abell, The Lime Tree, M hotel, Harbour View S/C RM31P/N (14-16July 2017)
- 4*Grand Margherita, Ariva Gateway, Citadines, S/C RM41P/N (14th-16th July 2017)
- 5* Pullman, Hilton, Riverside, Waterfront Hotel S/C RM53 P/N (14th – 16th 2017)
- Close out date for Damai Beach resort & Damai puri beach resort (RWMF 13th -17th JulY, Hari Raya 1st & 2nd day, Gawai 1st & 2nd day, Chinese New Year 1 st & 2nd day)
**Please Note that there will be a non-refundable handling charge on payment made. Conditions apply.
5 Days 4 Nights Kuching & Batang Ai Longhouse Trip (GLT71)
Day 01Arrival – Kuching City & Shopping Tour
Meet upon arrival at Kuching International Airport. Then, proceed for 3 hours Kuching City Tour. Experience the beauty of multi-racial community and see places of interest & the essential part of Kuching includes the building of the White Rajah, (Colonial Law Court, Clock Tower, Charles Brooke Memorial, Post Office, Square Tower), bustling Chinatown, Chinese Temple. Discover the treasure of Sarawak Museum , Sightseeing to Astana, Malay Village & Kuching Water Front. After tour complete; assist transfer to hotel for check in.
Day 02 Traditional Iban Longhouse Safari (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Breakfast at the hotel, morning check out from the hotel and proceed for TRADITIONAL IBAN LONGHOUSE SAFARI. A village of 20 – 25 ‘bilek’ or rooms (each for one family) all under one roof of a long stretch wooden house standing on stilts. The expedition will begin with a 4 hours car ride passing through the scenic greenery countryside. The vast land on both side of the road are can be seen dotted with vegetable farms, padi fields, rubber, pepper, oil palm and cocoa plantations which generated some of the top revenue earner crops of Sarawak. En route you will have a brief stopover at small native town called Serian for a chance to experience the busy daily wet market and witness some of the rare jungle produce brought by the native from the deep jungle to sell to the town folks. Another en route for a brief lunch break at ‘Lachau’ – small popular ‘cowboy’ town for Indonesian natives from the nearby Kalimantan border town to do barter trade without proper document. You could do your last minutes shopping for the visiting gift to present to your Iban host. The car ride will end at a river bank where a further native longboat ride will take you upstream. The journey varies depending on the water level of the river and which longhouse from 20 mins to nearly an hour. Poling under trees bending protectively over the river and shooting rapids before arriving at your destination. Upon arrival at the longhouse, you can tour around the longhouse while the ‘semi-wild’ boars and hunting dogs running nearby. Cool off and relax yourself in the river is one of the best thing to do after the whole long journey. After dinner, you will be led to the longhouse again. The Iban maidens and ‘warriors’ will perform a welcome dance while ‘tuak’ – the locally brewed rice wines are served as welcome drink. Overnight at Iban Longhouse’s Guesthouse.
Day 03 Longhouse Activities – Nature Walk (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
After breakfast, you will be invited to watch the demonstration of one of the Iban favorite gambling game – ‘cock fighting’ and using of the blowpipe will be held at the open space. The is a chance for you to try on this popular leisure game and polish your skill of using the deadly weapon – ‘blowpipe’. Afternoon proceed for nature walk. You will be then be brought back to the river bank to proceed for a short car ride and another 20 mins boat ride across a man-make lake that will bring you to the luxury longhouse resort. Check in at the Aiman International Batang Ai Longhouse Resort. For those who have more energy to spare can join the Nature Walk led by the in-house ‘naturalist’. The 2 km jungle trekking will bring you into the unspoilt jungle nearby the resort to learn about plants and animals that enable the native to survive without modern facilities. There will be a 60 meters long ‘canopy walk’ hanging 30 metres above the ground and a 40 metres high platform to enable you to enjoy a good bird eyes view of the surrounding. Lunch & Dinner is provided. Overnight at the Aiman Batang Ai Resort & Retreat.
Day 04 Sarawak Pottery Factory (Breakfast / Lunch)
After breakfast, check out and transfer to visit SARAWAK POTTERY FACTORY. You will be fascinated by the delicate and creative work involve by the skillful artists. This is a chance for you to get a typical Sarawak ceramic and native handicraft or “must buy items” to bring back as a souvenir or gifts for friends, family members or personal collection. Lunch enroute. Transfer to city hotel of your choice for check in and overnight.
Day 05 Departure – Kuching Airport (Breakfast)
Breakfast at the hotel and free at leisure until check out and transfer to Kuching International Airport for your departure flight.