6 Days 5 Nights Sandakan Wildlife Safari + Dive Trip
Package Tour Itinerary (DD124)
Sandakan Safari Adventure
Day 1 - SEPILOK ORANG UTAN / KINABATANGAN, SUKAU
Pick up from Sandakan Airport, drive for approximately 50 minutes to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center. Proceed to the free roaming area feeding platform. 1000 hrs feeding of Orang Utans. At this center, observe man’s closest relative “the Orang Utan” being rehabilitated to become wild in their natural habitat and experience a walk in the Tropical Lowland Dipterocarp Forest of Borneo. 1100 hrs depart Sepilok and transfer to jetty in Sandakan. 1145 hrs take an hour boat cruise up to the Lower Kinabatangan River Sanctuary where you will take your lunch at Abai Jungle Restaurant. This is a wonderful journey of discovery which starts from the waters of Sulu Sea of Sandakan Town through a magnificent scenery of the Mangrove Forest. After lunch, cruise UP river to Sukau village in search of primates especially the Endemic Proboscis Monkeys, birds and other wildlife. Arrive Sukau, check in at Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge. Late afternoon, an option to take another river cruise with electric motor to Menanggul River, a small tributary of the Kinabatangan. Return lodge for dinner and overnight at Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 2 - OXBOW LAKE / PM RIVER CRUISE / SUKAU
Wake up to the calls of gibbons and hornbills. Early morning, take a river trip to the Ox-Bow Lake to observe wildlife and experience the early morning river ambience of the longest river of Sabah. Return lodge for breakfast then free at own leisure. After lunch, late afternoon, another river cruise to search for more wildlife. Dinner and overnight at Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 3 - SELINGANISLAND
transfer to jetty for boat ride to Selingan Island. It takes approximately 1 hour 15 minutes to the Island. Upon arrival, check into chalet and lunch at cafeteria, then free at own leisure e.g. swimming or snorkeling. After dinner, wait for rangers signal’s to see turtle laying eggs. Reburied and releasing the baby turtles. Overnight at chalet (Common or Attached Bathroom). (Lunch / Dinner )
* English speaking guide * land/boat transfers based on joining basis * entrance fees * accommodation * meals as stated
camera/video camera fees, airfares/taxes/insurance and beverages(alcoholic/carbonate/juice)
Lankayan Island Dive Resort
Day 4 to 6 - LANKAYAN ISLAND RESORT
Pick Up from Selingan Turtle Island and transfer to Lankayan Island. Opt for free & easy only or for dive package
|This Package includes:
* Land/ Sea Transfers - Sandakan/Lankayan island and return * 3 meals per day plus afternoon tea and snacks OR dives if opt for dive package * Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis in Lankayan Island
Package Price Excludes:
* Diving equipment & gear * beverages and meals not specified in the tour itinerary * laundry * room service * airfare and items not mentioned on this webpage
Departure Schedule :
DAILY DEPARTURES LANKAYAN ISLAND TO SANDAKAN 7.00AM (FIXED TIME)
Day 6 - TRANSFER OUT BY BOAT / SANDAKAN
Transfer by boat back to Sim Sim Jetty and then to Sandakan. Upon arrival at jetty, drive up hill to the Puh Jih Syh Chinese Buddhist Temple, which offers a panoramic view of Sandakan Bay. After lunch, transfer to Airport for your flight back to Kota Kinabalu. (Breakfast / Lunch)
**Please Note that there will be a non-refundable handling charge on payment made. Conditions apply.
Recommended Personal Gear
* Insect repellent
* raincoat (umbrella not recommended)
* sun screen (sweat proof).
* Use good walking shoes and comfortable cotton T-shirt with long or short pants.
* Please take note that Sabah Parks allow only camera of unaided flash to take photograph of the turtle. Video/Digital Video Camera are not allowed.
* Sabah Parks also forbid visitor from going around the island on their own from 6:00pm – 6:00am.
* 100% charge for request of a Private Tour/Transport * English speaking driver /guide provided * Rates quoted are nett, inclusive of 5% government tax and 10% service charge * 3.5% of bank charge will apply if payment by credit card * TT charges are to be borne by customer * Terms and conditions may be found at http://www.journeymalaysia.com/paymentconditions.htm
Destination Borneo ~ Sabah ~ Sandakan ~ Lankayan Island ~ Selingan Turtle Island ~ Sepilok OrangUtan Rehabilitation Centre ~ Kinabatangan River ~ Oxbow Lake Room Type Various types according to your budget can be arranged Minimum No. of Pax 2 persons Facilities & Activities Animal watch, diving, city tours