3 days 2 nights Luxury Package at Mutiara Taman Negara Resort - Pahang Malaysia
We advise travellers not to visit Taman Negara during the Monsoon Season between Mid-November and late-January
This luxury package is a one way road transfer into taman negara and one way river transfer out of taman negara. Also, this is a suitable package for those with children as you wont need to transfer them across the river for meals. All meals will be provided at Mutiara Taman Negara Resort itself.
DestinationMalaysia ~ Kuala Lumpur ~ Pahang ~ Jerantut ~ Taman Negara ~ Kuala Tahan
Minimum no. of Persons
Place of Departure
Trip AvailabilityBooking in advance required. We do not advise visits to Taman Negara during the monsoon season sometime November .till mid-February. After all, this gives the jungle a bit of a rest and to repair itself from the trudge of thousands of visitors to the park over the other months.
Mutiara Taman Negara Resort (this is the only resort with any kind of a star rating - 3 star at that. It is also the only accommodation that sits on the other side of the riverbank, where all park activities begin. This is the entry into Taman Negara)
Tour Duration3 Days 2 Nights
Things To Bring AlongLight cotton long sleeve and short sleeve tshirts, shorts and long pants (Whites, greys, browns and earthy coloured clothing to blend into the jungle), swimwear, underwear, long socks, raincoat or poncho, one pair of sandals or flip flops (the cheapest you can buy) for easy walking ; one pair of shoes with good grip(Rubber Slipper or River Sandals or Lace-Up Shoes) for jungle treks.
Creature Comforts ~ towel, toilet paper, soap / facial wash, shampoo, toothbrush / toothpaste
Bag Packing ~ waterproof bag or separate your belongings and bundle them in a few small plastic bags before stuffing all in the master bag; keep important documents, passports, cash, wallets and electronic gadgets in zip-lock bags; garbage bag for waterproofing; a plastic bag for soiled clothes.
- Straps to secure your glasses - if you wear glasses
- Goggles - if you wear contact lenses
- Plastic bags for your wet clothes
Essentials to get you through ~ personal medication, mosquito repellent, sunblock lotion, heat rub for muscles ache, Torchlight, ear plugs or cotton balls (for those who can sleep with the TV blasting and not when its sound of nature that punctuates the night's silence), water bottle, minimum 2 liters capacity. Bring your own sleeping bag or bed sheets if you are fussy about cleanliness.
This is the jungle at it's most pristine. It can get hot and muggy and then there could be a thunderstorm in the next instance. And which ever way, your clothes will take forever to dry. Nights can get a little chilly especially during the rainy season. And when the rains come, leeches are aplenty. The jungle is unforgiving and yet it is so enchanting, it may sometimes leave you breathless. The monsoon season (November - February) may bring a lot of rain and create havoc especially when the river swells and banks burst, leaving people stranded in villages for days even weeks, landslides, mudslides ~ all sorts of nature's catastrophes. Trekking in the jungle in the rain is not the best experience. Quite often, by the end of the trek, you find yourself all bloodied by leech bites. We strongly advise against travel to Taman Negara during the monsoons.
Travelling to Taman Negara is not as difficult as it used to be. There are now many travel operators who provide transfers and packages to taman negara. You , as a traveller, have a choice to travel the cheaper way ie to make all the arrangements on your own eg transport (via public buses/coaches; private transfers; train; boat tickets can be bought at the tembeling jetty) , accommodation(there are numerous local village accommodation to suit your budget), treks (of which a number of them within taman negara can be done on your own) , meals (there are a number of eateries at kuala tahan village) OR go with travel operators for the ease of travel especially for those on a tight time schedule. The operators , be it travel operators, transport, accommodation etc that services the tourism industry here may not have the expertise you may wish for but that's what happens when there's a monopoly and political preference of who the players should be there. And their service is also sometimes compromised more especially so during peak season. It is a shame that this happens, not often, but it does happen and guests come away dissatisfied with their time and money spent there. Most important in travelling, especially for those who are not used to travelling in asia, is patience and empathy. And the end result of what experience you wish to take from a trip like this... the experience should be about celebrating the beauty of nature and all else should fall nicely into place...
3 days 2 nights Luxury Package at Taman Negara
Surcharge during 1 July - 15 Sept RM100.00 per room per night on Mutiara Taman Negara Resort all room type except A/C Hostel
Package Inclusive of:
- 2 Nights Stay at National Park (Taman Negara)
- 2 Breakfast / 2 Lunch / 2 Dinner
- 2 Way Boat Transfer Kuala Tembeling Jetty - Kuala Tahan
- 2 Way Bus Transfer from Jerantut - Kuala Tembeling Jetty
- Park Entry Permit and Ticket
- Nature tour guide and boat during the activities
- Activities as per itinerary
Camera License rm 5.00 per camera
For this package:
»Only additional rm 38.00 per person per way for daily shuttle bus to one of the destination below:
*Kuala Besut Jetty (Jetty to Perhentian Island)
* large luggages can be stored at Jerantut baggage storage if you do not wish to bring along to Taman Negara. Left luggage service is free..
07.30 am Register at NKS KL Sales Counter, Hotel Mandarin Pacific, Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur
08;30 am NKS Shuttle Coach depart to NKS Cafe, Jerantut, Pahang.
11.45 am Register at NKS Cafe, Jerantut, Pahang. Collect travel voucher and fill up park permit
12.00 pm Lunch at NKS Cafe
01.00 pm NKS Bus transfer to National Park (Taman Negara) - Kuala Tahan
02.30 pm Welcome to Taman Negara and check in at Mutiara Taman Negara Resort.
03.00 pm Boat to Lata Berkoh (Enjoy the beautiful river scenery)
07.30 pm Dinner at Mutiara Taman Negara Resort
Video Presentation of National Park (Taman Negara) &
Night Jungle Walk &
Visit Tahan Hide (Observation Hide) - Bring touch light.
08.00 am Breakfast at Mutiara Taman Negara Resort
Proceed Canopy Walkway (Longest Hanging Bridge in the World
& Jungle Trekking to Teresek Hill to view Tahan Mountain.
01.00 pm Lunch at Mutiara Taman Negara Resort.
03.00 pm Boat to Rapid Shooting toward Sg.Trenggan with 7 major rapids.
Stop by Orang asli village and visit. Learn some survive skill and know about thier culture & life style in the Jungle
07.30 pm Dinner at Mutiara Taman Negara Resort.
08.30 pm Free at your own leisure.
08.00 am Breakfast at Mutiara Taman Negara Resort.
09.00 am Boat to Kuala Tembeling Jetty (2 hours boat journey).
11.00 am Coach transfer back from Kuala Tembeling Jetty to Jerantut Town.
11.30 am Arrive at Jerantut NKS Cafe for Lunch.
Coach transfer back to NKS KL Sales Counter, Hotel Mandarin Pacific, Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur.
Park Entry Permit and Photographic Licence
Before you do any trek in Taman Negara, you must inssue a Park Entry Permit (RM1 per person) and Photographic Licence (RM5 per camera). This is valid for 1 month. You can inssue the Park Entry Permit at Wildlife Department Office at Kuala Tembeling or Taman Negara.
Why you need a permit
Park Entry Permit RM1 and Photographic Licence RM5 as a donation to the park for renovation the park and other.
When you are leaving the Park, you should return the Park Entry Permit to Wildlife Department Office, Hotel or Tour Counter to make sure you are save and leaving from the park
Learn a little
If you go into the deep jungle, especially by the Keniam, Tenol, or Tahan Mountain trails, it is better to go with guide you will learn a lot about the jungle from the guide and save yourself from getting lost in it.
Fishing in the park
Now the fishing lodge in the park is close and not allow to do any fishing in the park area.
But you can fishing at River Tembeling (A river at the border of the park) and you don't need any fishing license.
Tips Before Go To Taman Negara
1) Before you go to Taman Negara, something must be prepare first.
- Touch light or flash light
- Insect Repellent
- Walking Shoe or Sport Shoe
- Rain coat
(2) Taman Negara does not have ATM, bank, and money changer, you must prepare enough cash before you going. Some resorts accept credit card e.g Mutiara Taman Negara Resort, Rainforest Resort, and Woodland Resort but charge extra 3 - 5 %
(3) Do not bring too many luggages into Taman Negara. Big trolley bags are not advisable because when you come out from the boat, all the river banks are of stone and rock, then you need to hand carry your big trolley bag. If you have a lot of luggage, you are welcome to store your luggage in the luggage storage room at Hotel Sri Emas, Jerantut, It's free.
(4) You can get more information about Taman Negara trail and your next destination information at tour counter located at LBK Floating Restaurant, they know very well.
(5) If you are book the bus ticket with us (NKS Hotel & Travel), you must reconfirm your bus ticket at their office located at LBK Floating Restaurant one day before you leave. For boat ticket just reconfirm 30min before the boat departs.
(6) Leeches on any rainforest walk, the subject of leeches invariably comes up. Actually, you may not encounter any of these slimy little vampires while walking through the Malaysian jungle, but if the trail is leafy and it's been raining, chances are you'll be preyed upon.
(7) Yes, you can hire boots or camping equipment in Taman Negara. Just ask the people around there, they will show you where to hire.
(8) For who like to trek to Gunung Tahan (Mountain Tahan), you can hire a guide from Wildlife Department . Normally November to January is close the trail and reopen on mid of February.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum must be at least 2 adults.
- All prices are nett or charges are including 6% GST.
- Please bring along towel and spare clothing.
- Tentative Itinenary subjected to change without prior warning due to many factors such as weather of the day, road conditions, etc
- Pick-up and drop-off services from major hotels at Kuala Lumpur town centre.
- For other pick up and drop off services in other area outside Kuala Lumpur, additional surcharge be charge in accordingly
- Touring by air-conditioned mini van, van or bus coaches which largely depend on the group size.
- Any unused services are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-deductible.
- Full Charges apply to NO SHOW OR LAST MINUTES CANCELLATION
- Postponements of Trip: We need at least 1 Month any changes or postponements before trip commence date. Partially payment minus the deposit will be refund if cancellation at least 1 Month before trip commence date.
- A 50% (of total package amount) non-refundable deposit is required within 14 days after reservation date and the balance must be paid 5 days before departure.
- The booking is CONFIRMED once we receive the deposit.
- Amendment is only allowed 14 days before from the travel date with charge RM 100.00 per person
- Cancellation made 14 day from the travel date will not be refund deposit.
- Cancellation or amendment made after full payment received will not be refundable.
- The management excludes liability for losses incurred due to failure to connect with other services and shall not be held liable for loss of baggage or personal belonging, illness, injury or death resulting from activities which are beyond the management control.
- Reservation is subject to availability of rooms and confirmation will be on first come first serve basis.
- The management reserves the right to revise the above facilities and rates without any prior notice.
- The management reserved the right to alter the itinerary or cancel a tour due to unforeseen operational condition.